Thursday, April 29, 2010

MS WALK THIS SUNDAY

My cousin Chad is just a couple years older than me. As kids, I was always one step behind him, whether it was playing ball in the backyard (where his wicked curve ball not only tore the laces from my dad's mitt, but it taught me to step out of the batter's box if the ball breaks toward your thigh), revving up the three-wheeler through my grandfather's pasture (our paths are now the site of Chad's parent's home), or rollerblading feverishly through the streets of Eagle Lake (his ice hockey skills made him a pro. Me? I looked like a baby deer learning to walk. I'm quite graceful).

Needless to say, I have always looked up to Chad. And I still do. Now more than ever.

Six years ago, Chad was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, a disease that disrupts the communication between your brain and body, creating immense pain and making movement difficult. He's been bravely battling the disease ever since, proving to everyone around him how strong he truly is.

It's times like these that you wish for superhuman powers, for some ability to affect the fight, but that's only in the funny books. One of the greatest ways to support my family and the fight against MS is to participate in the annual MS Walk, a winding trek through Minnehaha Park in Minneapolis (the walk also occurs in cities through the country, so if you would like to participate, it's quite easy).

The walk is this Sunday (May 2), and Jen and myself will be once more showing our support. This will be the first time our 'little walker' will be joining us, and I'm sure Alex will be waddling away with the rest of the crew.

I understand that in this current financial climate, finding the funds to support even the best causes has become increasing difficult. So I'll just throw it out there. If you'd like to donate, any amount is greatly appreciated.

To make a secure, online payment, all you have to do is CLICK HERE.

Thanks, everyone.

All the best,
B

No comments: