Monday, March 23, 2009

WHY'D IT HAVE TO BE SNAKES?!

I'm not a snake guy. Never have been. And I'm pretty sure I have Raiders of the Lost Ark to blame. I'm cool with that. I feel the same way about bugs (thanks, Temple of Doom). Come to think of it, Indiana Jones' phobias really did a number on me. Damn you, Spielberg!

Now, while I may not adore cuddly reptilians, there are a number of folks who do. They're called 'Herpers'. My friend and 13 Hours director Dav Kaufman is one, and he recently completed a documentary on the subject, aptly titled Herpers. The doc features interviews with reptile lovers and collectors around the country, including G 'n R guitar legend Slash. Pretty sweet.

Check out their new website HERE. You can watch the trailer, learn more info about herpers, and pre-order the DVD.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to save Sean Connery from a tank.

B

2 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

Due to a glitch in amazon.uk’s system, I believe I’ve written the only crime thriller in the UK that doesn’t appear on amazon.co.uk. My publisher’s many other titles are listed, and my book can be ordered from all other uk online suppliers, as well as amazon.com. Amazon.uk refuse to acknowledge their technical error.
I’m an insignificant individual, powerless to influence this huge corporation, but their indifference has incensed me. I’m attempting to battle amazon.uk’s virtual monopoly of the UK online book market by asking readers in the USA to order my inexpensive paperback through other online suppliers like amazon.com.
If you would be kind enough to consider supporting my campaign against a faceless corporation, please check out my blog for details of Cut Short by Leigh Russell.

Gabriel said...

Thank yoou for being you