Monday, January 12, 2009

ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER

Geez...I, well I am sorry. This is unacceptable behavior on my part. I finally get a couple people rallying behind me, checking my site for updates, wanting to know what's going on in my corner of the Interweb, and then...BAM! The holidays show up, and I disappear off the grid like Sandra Bullock in The Net.

So here's a couple of things that have been rolling around in my brain.

THE BIG NEWS: Well, first off, I would like to proudly take this time to announce that my wife Jen and I had our ultrasound, and it conclusively proved that we are having a BOY this May! We're super excited, and we can't wait until the little man arrives. Well, maybe we can wait a little. We do have to finish the nursery, stockpile diapers, take classes...yeah, there's a reason it takes nine months to have a baby. Preparation.


ANOTHER FLICK: This February and March, I will once more be jumping on board a Dav Kaufman production. Our first film venture together was, as many of you know, the indie horror flick 13 Hours in a Warehouse. The new flick is titled The Psychosis of Ghosts. I'm very excited to work with the crew, many of whom I became friends with on 13 Hours or on Into Temptation. It's going to be a blast. I will try valiantly to update the site while we're shooting, maybe post some stills and a report on the filmmaking process. Or I may choose to sleep. We'll see.


WHAT ARE YOU WRITING?: A good question, indeed. The main reason I've been torn away from this little ol' blog is that I've been writing another children's book. I can't share too much about the project, not yet, but it involves the king of all vampires, Dracula himself! More on this project soon!




DONALD WESTLAKE PASSES AWAY: This actually happened a couple weeks back, but I just wanted to express how sad I was to hear that Westlake had died. This past Christmas, I received the first three 'Parker' novels, written under Westlake's alias, Richard Stark. Another great writer gone. His work will live on, though, thanks to The University of Chicago Press, and Hard Case Crime, who will print Westlake's The Cutie in March (just in time for my birthday).



DOC SAVAGE GOES PULPY: Speaking of HCC, I just saw this evening on their website that next October brings with it the publication of a lost Lester Dent pulp novel, titled Honey In His Mouth. Dent is the creator of Doc Savage, and the umpteen million books he pounded out about the Man of Bronze. I can't wait to read it.

Until next time,
B

No comments: